If you find it hard to choose between so many Blackjack bonuses, do not worry! We are here to guide you through the decision-making process by providing accurate and trustworthy information. So, what can you find on this page? The answer is simple: everything you need to know about Blackjack, from its history to best casinos to play it and even the best Blackjack bonuses.
Take a look at every section and draw your conclusions!
A brief history of Blackjack
Do not feel discouraged if you don't know a lot about Blackjack. We are here to enlighten you! So, let's begin with a short history. Although the actual origins of this game are still under debate, it probably originated in the French casinos around 1700. It was called 'Vingt-et-Un' (Twenty-one), and it derived from the card game 'Chemin de Fer', which was mostly played at the French Royal Court during the reign of King Louis XV. However, there is an earlier reference of this game, dating back to the 1600s, in Miguel Cervantes's short story 'Rinconete y Cortadillo'.
Later, the game reached America through colonists, gaining popularity at the beginning of the 19th century in New Orleans' gambling halls. The rules have, of course, changed during the years, but the main goal remains the same. Nowadays, Blackjack, as we know it, is one of the most popular and easiest to understand table games.
- The name was first given by prospectors during the Klondike Gold Rush (1890s), as the term refers to a mineral which was associated with gold or silver deposits.
- One of the most popular dealers of all time was a woman called Eleanor Dumont, who opened a gambling hall in Nevada City in the 19th
- Napoleon Bonaparte was a big fan of this game, playing it regularly, especially after being exiled.
How and what to play?
Well, the rules couldn't be easier. Unlike other games, the players do not compete against each other, but against the dealer. Here's how it goes:
- Each player is dealt two cards, while the dealer receives only one.
- Players are allowed to draw additional cards so that their total sum reaches 21 (or the closest number that is lower than that).
- Once all players have completed their hands, it is the dealer's turn.
- If the player exceeds 21, he loses (even if the dealer has also exceeded 21).
- If the dealer exceeds 21 and the player does not, the player wins.
- If the player attains a final sum higher than the dealer, the player wins.
The game is played with one or more decks (2,4,6 or 8) of 52 cards. Usually, the player's advantage decreases as the number of decks increases.
Blackjack casinos have quite a few options for gamblers of this kind. If it were to refer to regular titles, users can play:
- Multi-hand: gamble on more than one hand at a time and bet on up to three hands per round;
- Perfect Pairs: this type uses the normal rules but allows an extra side bet at the start of each hand;
- Pontoon: unlike the traditional payout of 3:2, this type allows a payout of 2:1 with both cards appearing face down;
- Face Up 21: the dealer's cards are dealt face-up allowing you to make an early decision about your bet.
Of course, there is a live option with real dealers, multiple players, and high stakes. A more interactive option, this can be suitable for accustomed gamblers.
Be aware: Each Blackjack game has specific rules, and they can vary according to the number of decks. It's better to take a look at these before launching the title and avoid any unpleasant situations.
Why gambling at a Blackjack casino is better
When it comes to playing at a gambling site, all you must do is decide what online casino is right for you and choose from a wide range of Blackjack variations. Although the goal remains the same, the rules can change depending on the game type, as mentioned above.
5 reasons to play online Blackjack
- The minimum bet is lower and never changes (the lowest accepted bet in regular casinos is usually £5 and can fluctuate during busy hours).
- There is always an available table (regular casinos can get crowded).
- There are multiple online variations to choose from, such as Triple 7's, Spanish 21 or Double Exposure.
- Online casinos offer plenty of bonuses.
- Progressive jackpots can be found in several online Blackjack games.
Crucial things to know when playing at online Blackjack casinos
Although some players already know their way around, there are those greenhorns that must get familiarised.
No matter your level of experience, below, we listed some details that all gamblers should be aware of. You can use them as advice or even strategies for your next session. Without further ado:
- Start with the lowest bet and increase it by 1 unit only after winning a game.
- Go back to the original bet amount when you lose.
- Surrendering can be an effective way to reduce losses when you are behind the dealer.
- Enter in games with many decks only if you are an experienced player.
- Do not double down in case you placed a high bet.
- You can double down when you have a 10 or 11 against any lower dealer card.
Sure, every gambler has its own approach, but considering these aspects can be everything but harmful.
- An online game is typically played with multiple decks, which are automatically reshuffled after each hand.
- A £10 progressive bettor (increasing the bet with one unit per hand) may lose twice as much per hour as a £10 flat bettor (betting the same amount for each hand).
What's there to know about live casino Blackjack
A live casino game can take your experience to the next level. The game is displayed in real-time via a live streaming video link.
So how is it different from a regular online game? Well, there is just one difference, but surely one that matters. In a live game, gamblers can directly communicate with the dealer or even with other players, through the chat function. This brings punters closer to a real-life casino experience. And from what we know, we can ensure you that the chat feature will make the game more engaging, and help you improve your gameplay. This way you shall discover how other players think and hear what the dealer replies to them. Remember those live dealers are there to keep the session running smoothly and make sure that everyone enjoys it.
Usually, most websites that provide table games also have a live casino section. Besides options for regular players, some sites come with VIP tables suitable for high rollers.
Usually, the game's stakes are displayed before clicking the title, so you can decide if you want to join or not. There are options that start at £50 and can go up to £10,000 or even £15,000.
Top 5 casinos with the highest live Blackjack stakes
How to pick the right casino?
Now that you know what to expect, it's time to choose an online Blackjack casino to register at. In case you don’t know where to start, we will give you some tips:
- Look through the titles selection and list of providers;
- Explore different Blackjack bonuses that the casino offers;
- Check the minimum and maximum bet, as well as the stakes (do not settle for low stakes casinos);
- Go to the 'deposit' section to see all the available payment methods (e.g. debit cards, PayPal, Paysafecard, Skrill, Trustly, Neteller, MuchBetter, Wire Transfer, Pay by phone).
As stated above, products diversity is important, so we have created a table with top providers you should try.
Best Blackjack providers
|Evolution Gaming, IGT, Play'n Go, NetEnt||50+|
|NetEnt, Evolution Gaming, Play'n Go, 1x2 Gaming, Relax Gaming|
|Evolution Gaming, Microgaming, IGT, Pragmatic Play, Relax Gaming, Felt, Realistic Games, Red Tiger, Play'n Go, Netent|
|1x2 Gaming, Play'n Go, Microgaming, Evolution Gaming, IGT, iSoftBet|
Sometimes, a good option would be looking for Blackjack casinos that offer cashback promotions or even games that incorporate the 'cashback' feature. But what's that? Well, it is simply a button you can press while the hand is in progress, from which you are able to receive an offer to end the game earlier and minimise losses.
For example, if you don't have experience with variations like Perfect Pairs, Multihand or others, you are able to try them out and use the 'cashback' button to avoid an unfavourable outcome. Most Playtech casinos offer that option, so you might check them out.
What can an online Blackjack bonus offer you?
Bonuses come in many forms. They usually have different rules, conditions and wagering requirements. That is why you should carefully analyse all your options before redeeming a particular offer. When talking about Blackjack bonuses, we usually refer to bonus funds.
Why should you redeem a bonus? First of all, if you are not an experienced player, it will help you get used to the game and practice a few strategies until you get the hang of it. In this way, the losses won't be deducted from your real balance. In addition to that, after you consume the bonus and get to use the real funds, you will already have plenty of experience and will know how to handle a tricky hand better.
How to claim an online Blackjack bonus?
This is just as easy as playing the actual game. All you have to do is follow the next steps:
- Click on the button next to the offer to be redirected to the casino's website;
- Create an account by completing your personal details;
- Deposit the required amount;
- Redeem the offer and start playing.
The most popular Blackjack bonuses include:
- Welcome Bonus: after you create an account and make a deposit, you can launch the title and start using your offer; the bonus will be credited automatically in your account;
- Cashback: this ensures a percentage of your losses back. Usually, you must claim it within a timeframe and use a code.
Wagering requirements, means of payment and the required deposit available are probably the first things to look at when you grab such a deal. Do not forget about betting limitations. Some casinos may only allow you to wager a certain amount at once (e.g. 10% of the deposit or bonus funds). It all depends on the website's or provider's policy.
Are you wondering if you can play on mobile?
Blackjack bonuses can also be redeemed on mobile devices, and they work just the same. You can even expect a faster loading time and better graphics. Users who prefer this can either open a browser and type the casino's name or download the mobile app. These are usually available on both the App Store and Google Play. So, charge your device and get ready to experience on-the-go Blackjack.
Recommendation: Not all websites have a high wagering contribution for Blackjack games. However, on our page, you can find some casinos with a 20% rate.
Now that you went through everything, it's time to explore every option in terms of casinos and promotions and pick the best online Blackjack bonus. As we said before, you have to check the titles variety, payment methods and stakes, as well as the terms and conditions, prior to registering on a website and claiming an offer. Also, do not forget all of our useful tips and recommendations.
Our Blackjack bonuses
♛ Welcome Package: 77 Bonus Spins + 100% up to £200
777 casino is a part of the 888 UK Limited family of online casino business, which rounds up half a million players world-wide.
PRO: in-house slots, live dealer games, VIP club
CON: no live chat
At registration, new users can claim 77 bonus rounds, and after making their first deposit over £20, they will receive a match bonus of 100% up to £200. As with all casino bonuses, wagering requirements have to be met before cashing out. The bonus shall work on selected games, available after the user logged in and got the bonus. The game selection of the 777 casino lobby is diverse, and it includes popular providers such as Microgaming, NetEnt and Pragmatic Play.
This offer can be claimed just once per IP or household. Players are advised to stick to the specific terms to avoid losing their bonus funds.
♛ Top Bonuses Verified & Tested by Professionals
Our team of experts tested some online casinos and ended up creating a list of top verified casinos. The most trusted in the industry, these come with all kinds of top-notch features that include:
- Interface optimized for mobile;
- Licences from UKGC;
- Secure banking methods;
- High RTP;
- Promos tailored for all types of players.
We are here to offer you a complete guide, so check our listed options!
♛ 10 First-Class Casinos Handpicked by Our Team of Experts
King Casino Bonus put together a team of highly trained connoisseurs that are here to tell you which are the top 10 UK casinos. But why did they choose these platforms and not others? Well, here’s a list of reasons:
- Safe and licensed by the United Kingdom Gambling Commission;
- Fast as lightning withdrawals;
- Available on iOS and Android mobile gadgets;
- State-of-the-art games provided by top software companies;
- Trustworthy banking options;
- Great promotions and bonuses;
- They were the most popular websites among our customers for several months.
So click the button to see what our team of experts has prepared for you!
♛ First Deposit Bonus: 200% up to £100 + 50 Bonus Rounds on Book of Dead at Ice36
Ice36 is an online casino that gives players various incentives such as the 200% first deposit bonus up to £100, along with 50 rounds exclusively playable on Book of Dead (a beloved Play N GO pick).
This offer can only be offered to new punters to the website. After they are done with their profile set-up, they have to fund their account with over £20. This will unlock the first deposit bonus. Spins should be played first, and their derived profits have to be turned over 60 times. The bonus amount has the same 60x wagering condition, which must be done in 30 days. Spin play can bring only £100. The rest of the amount, if any, shall be considered null.
You are kindly invited to read the Ice36 Bonus Policy, before proceeding with your gambling!
♛ 100% First Deposit Bonus up to £500 + 50 Spins on Book of Dead at Jackpot Village
First-time depositors that enter this casino can grab a 100% match up to £500 + 50 spins on Book of Dead. Your qualifying deposit must exceed £20 and keep in mind that this promo comes with a 40x wagering on deposit plus bonus. Also, remember that:
- Games contribute differently on wagering requirement;
- The maximum bet is limited to £5;
- Bonus funds that haven’t been used within 30 days will be removed from your account.
Enter Jackpot Village from us, sign up by completing the registration form and make the requested deposit. Check the casino’s T&Cs for further information.
♛ 100% up to £300 + 20 Extra Spins
New players can claim on their first deposit a bonus of 100% up to £300 and 20 extra spins. The offer comes with a wagering requirement of 50 times on the bonus and deposit. The winnings from the spins must be played through 40x. To claim the offer, players must:
- Press the promotional button;
- Create an account;
- Make a deposit over £10;
- Wager £10 on any slot to qualify for the extra spins.
These bonus rounds will be credited automatically. They are available on Age of the Gods: God of Storms, Gladiator Jackpot and King of Olympus. Each of them has a maximum value of 20p. Certain payment methods cannot be used for deposits. Find more details by accessing the casino’s page.
♛ 154% up to £60 First Deposit Bonus + 20 Spins on Starburst at mr.play
This offer is a King Casino Bonus exclusive first deposit incentive, only for mr.play new punters. They shall be able to receive a 154% bonus up to £60 and 20 rounds on Starburst, a popular slot game from NetEnt.
Before cashing out, the bonus money has to be wagered 35 times, the same goes for the wins derived from the credited rounds. These rounds shall stay active in the player account for 24 hours. For a better understanding, let’s assume that a player makes a payment of as much as £10, then they will receive £15.4 bonus money. This offer is accessible by following these steps:
- Follow our promotional link;
- Create an account on mr.play;
- Make your chosen deposit up to £60.
For any further information, players should read the Bonus Policies and contact the support team for answers.
♛ 100% up to £500 + 50 Spins on First Deposit
Casimba has got a bonus targeting new users. To claim it, you will first need to visit the website through our promotional button and register.
A few considerations regarding the offer:
- You must wager both your bonus funds and deposit 35x;
- Winnings from spins count as bonus funds, and they are capped at £100;
- It is necessary to wager the funds in 30 days and to use the extra rounds in 72 hours;
- You can’t place a bet on more than £5; breaching this rule will revoke your bonus;
- The spins are locked to Starbrust.
Know that once you deposit, the bonus will activate automatically. Aside from these facts, you may look into Casimba’s Terms and Conditions section in order to find more.
♛ Welcome Bonus: Deposit £10, Play with £60 + 100 Spins at Paddy Power
Paddy Power has its place in the industry since 2014, and it comes with more than 600 land-based locations in the United Kingdom and Ireland.
PRO: Low minimum withdrawal, Apple Pay available.
CON: Not all payment methods work for this offer.
New players here that deposit £10 can play with £60 and claim up to 100 spins if they lost or redeem the bonus mentioned before. The winnings from this bonus are capped at £500. E-wallets are not accepted for this offer, and you must fund your account using code PAS100.
Mind the wagering requirement of the offer and be aware that if you have more than one bonus activated, the wagering requirement will count towards the first deal claimed. Most of the times, withdrawal funds will be transferred via the same method used for the deposit. If your account is not active for 12 months, the casino can apply a £5 for each inactivity month.
♛ First Deposit Bonus of 100% up to £50 + 50 Spins on Book of Dead at Royal Bet
Curious about the Royal Bet first deposit offer? It consists of 100% up to £50, accessed with a deposit that exceeds £20. On top of the bonus cash, the website also credits 50 rounds on Book of Dead.
In 30 days, players are required to play the sum of the deposit and bonus amount 30 times. To illustrate that better, if a gambler makes a payment of £25, they will receive another £25 in bonus funds. The £50 total in the balance, triggers £1500 necessary wagering. Sums derived from spinning the reels of Book of Dead are considered bonus amounts and need to be wagered 60x.
Make sure you know that the first deposit offers can only be claimed once, only after your account is verified. Withdrawals cannot exceed double the credited bonus. Bets over £5 will nullify the bonus. For a safe gambling experience, you are invited to read the Royal Bet terms and conditions.